We all have a different idea of what it means to SAVE money! It may depend on how we were brought up, current financial situations, peer pressure, etc. Regardless, we all should jump at the chance to save money and it’s never too late! In the December 2018/January 2019 issue of the AARP magazine, there is a very informative article entitled How to Save Thousands Without Being a Scrooge! By Allan Roth. He does a great job giving us ideas to kick start our savings.
I love to find a “deal” which makes me feel like I am saving money. Here are a few of my money saving tips:
1. Use coupons and always be sure to search on line before you buy
2. Sign up for Ebates – a great way to earn cash back every time you shop
3. Check your credit card for benefits, discounts, etc.
4. Sign up with your favorite vendors by email—often they will give you a discount
5. Sign up for e-Rewards where you take surveys and earn $$$
6. Sign up for airline and hotel frequent flyer/traveler programs
7. Sign up for grocery store loyalty programs
Start saving one penny at a time and before you know it you will be on the road to a good savings account and feel better about your future retirement.