Are you ready to hang up your chef’s hat and turn off your vacuum cleaner for good? Three superior meals a day and full housekeeping services await you in Independent Residential Apartments. And let’s think about how much space you really need or want. You certainly don’t need to recreate all the spaces in your home if they already exist in the Community, such as a library or guest suite or private dining room. Select a studio or one- or two-bedroom apartment, and we know you will appreciate the comfort, convenience and safety of independent living at Friends Fellowship Community. Downsizing can be downright liberating!
- Each apartment has a private bath
- Plenty of closet space
- 24-hour emergency nurse call
- Optional kitchenette or walk-in shower
- Drapes and wall-to-wall carpeting
- The building has a central thermal heating/cooling system with individual controls in each apartment
- Individual attic storage spaces are also available.
- Meal Service – Three delicious meals a day are included in your monthly fee. Each meal features a variety of selections for every appetite and diet need. If you choose to have breakfast in your apartment, our staff will provide you with a supply of your favorite breakfast items. If you do miss one of the meals, you will receive a guest meal certificate for later use by a guest of your choice.
- Housekeeping – Once every two weeks, a housekeeper will thoroughly clean your apartment, including dusting and polishing furniture, vacuuming, and cleaning the bathroom. Trash is collected once a week. On a periodic basis, windows are washed and draperies, sheers, and carpets are cleaned.
- Transportation – FFC provides transportation to downtown Richmond, banks, doctors’ offices and other appointments via group van or personal car and driver. Transportation is also provided to numerous local cultural events such as Richmond Civic Theater or the Symphony. Anytime five or more residents wish to attend a local event, FFC provides the transportation at no extra cost.
- Laundry – Once a week, your flat linens (bed and bath linens) will be laundered, ironed if needed and returned to your apartment. For your convenience, a laundry room with three sets of washers and dryers is available for independent residents’ personal use.
- Nursing Services – Licensed nursing staff is on duty 24 hours a day for emergencies. The Clinic nurse is also available during designated hours for routine services such as monitoring weight, checking blood pressure and administering medication.
- Utilities – All utilities, including expanded basic cable TV, are included in the monthly fee except for telephone/computer service.
Available at an Additional Fee
- Guest rooms and guest dining
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Dry cleaning
|Life Lease Fee||Monthly Fee|
- Guest Meals: Between $7.15 and $13.80 plus Sales Tax
- Beauty Shop: Between $6.55 and $63.45
- Guest Rooms: $75.00 plus 7% Sales Tax and 5% Innkeeper’s Tax (per night) **
- Carport: $31 (per month)
* For a 30-day month
** Innkeeper’s tax effective 12/1/2015
All fees are subject to change.
Availability is limited.
To apply, please print and complete the application. Mail or deliver to Friends Fellowship Community along with the $200 non-refundable deposit.